Welcome to CALA!
We're beyond excited to help you bring your creative vision to life.
To help you get started, we've compiled a short guide to walk you through the design process start to finish.
This is meant to be a high level overview, so if you have questions about specific steps in the process, just click on any of the links, they'll take you to pages with more detail.
You can also start a chat with us (click the icon in the bottom right hand corner) and we'd be happy to schedule a video call where we can help you with creative direction of your project.
If you have any other questions or feedback at all about CALA, please let us know :)
We can't wait to see what you create.
— The CALA Team
What is CALA?
CALA is the all-in-one platform for producing exceptional fashion products.
Whether you're running an international fashion brand or just getting started creating your own apparel, CALA provides you with collaborative design tools, small-batch manufacturing, brand strategy, fulfillment, and even financing — everything you need to build and manage a world-class fashion brand.
There are no limits to what you can create, so let's get started.
Create your First Design
First, head over to your CALA dashboard and click on "New Design".
From here, add your designs, artwork, and material samples. The more you can provide here, the faster we'll be able to get your order into production.
The whole flow looks like this:
Important Notes 🗒️
- Just make sure you name your design by clicking where it says "Untitled". This'll help keep things organized.
- If you'd like to better understand each of the sections, they're broken down here.
- If you're needing some inspiration, check out our example designs or start with a blank (for screenprint & embroidery projects).
Get into the Details with Measurements & Comments
Once you have your design materials in CALA, go ahead and add some measurements and comments. These comments will help everyone involved in your creative process better understand your vision.
Anything is fair game here — comment on material textures, pattern styles, what you like/dislike about example images, etc.
Important Notes 🗒️
- Learn more about comments and measurements here.
- If you have more than one design you'd like to produce, just repeat the above steps.
- Things at this stage don't need to be perfect. Once you've gotten your ideas uploaded, you're in a great place to create a collection & let us help you.
Create Your Collection
Once you're ready to move forward with your designs, we'll need to move them into an existing or new collection. You do this by clicking and selecting the collection you'd like to move it to.
There's no limit to how many items you can add to a collection, so add as many of your designs as you'd like.
Review Your Collection
Once your collection is set up, you can review your tasks and, if necessary, assign them to other people you're collaborating with.
You can add collaborators by clicking on the circular icon in the upper right and manage your tasks by clicking on the "tasks" section of your collection.
Take a look at your tasks and once everything has been checked off, you can submit your collection for pricing.
Important Notes 🗒️
- Learn more about adding collaborators to CALA here.
- Learn more about assigning & completing tasks.
- Pricing will vary greatly based on the quantity you're looking for. Make sure to set your variants.
- If you're still uncertain about parts of your design (like the fabrics or measurements), that's okay! We'll pair you with a technical partner who will work with you after you place your order.
Submit Your Collection
Once your collection is ready, submit it for pricing by clicking the submit button.
Again, make sure to check your variants and unit totals so we can provide you an accurate pricing options. Also, please let us know if you need help with fulfillment (warehousing + shipping to your customers) or sourcing custom packaging.
CALA will review all of the details and get a pricing quote back to you within 3 business days (we aim for 24 hours!) — you'll get an email from us when we've priced your order.
In the meantime, feel free to start experimenting with your next design! 🧪
Place Your Order
This is the stage we're most excited about — it's when we get to see the creative process you've gone through and help you turn it into a reality.
Once you get pricing, you'll see a checkout button and a unit price for each of your items. We know pricing can be a bit tricky and want to let you know that pricing with CALA includes everything — feel free to adjust your quantities or reach out with questions.
Then simply check out! Again, make sure to verify whether or not you'd like fulfillment and packaging options and select your payment type.
After you submit your order, we'll get to work. If you need additional help with the technical details of your design, we'll pair you with a certified technical consultant. If your design is ready to go, we'll connect you directly with a hand-picked production partner.
From there, they'll work with you in CALA to discuss the specifics of your project and will send you a sample. After making any adjustments to the fit or any other minor details, they'll get started with the production run.
Important Notes 🗒️
- If you have any questions at all about your pricing, please let us know. We'd love to introduce you to our financing options.
- If you select "Pay Later" and haven't set up financing with CALA, we'll need to do that before we can kickstart your order. Learn more about CALA financing to make sure you're all set.
- The production process will vary based on the complexity of your project. You'll need to make sure you're staying on top of responding to the comments from your technical consultant, production partner, and the CALA team so we can move things along.
- If you have material samples, you'll need to send them our way.
- If you're interested in fulfillment, you can learn more here.
That's it! Your idea has gone from, well, just an idea to a creative reality! We can't wait to see what the final product looks like and how much your audience loves what you've made.
Of course, we'll be here for you throughout the entire process. However, if you find yourself needing help or want to give us some feedback, just start a chat with us and we'll help you out.
And hey, if you want to get started on your second project we're not going to stop you :)